Goat Cheese Risotto (Gluten Free)
I’ve always loved risotto. It’s rich. It’s creamy. It’s delicious. I love ordering risotto at restaurants, but I never know all the ingredients they put in, and I can’t do anything about the portion size they give me. This recipe contains only a few ingredients, and I like having the power to control how much cheese I use (minimal since I don’t eat a lot of dairy) and how much I make. Plus, this recipe is gluten free! This risotto is great on its own or would make a wonderful side dish with some grilled chicken or shrimp.
3 cups chicken stock
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup arborio rice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 oz goat cheese
1 tbsp chives, chopped
Grated parmesan cheese
*The original recipe can be found here. I did make a few changes to it.
1) I didn’t use chicken stock, because I didn’t have any. I used chicken broth and it turned out just fine!
2) I skipped the grated parmesan.
3) I split the recipe in half, which turned out to be a perfect dinner portion size for me (no protein added).
4) I didn’t use any onion because my stomach doesn’t handle onions well, plus I didn’t have any onions.
5) FYI: 3oz of goat cheese = 6 tablespoons. Since I cut the recipe in half, this means I used 3 T crumbled goat cheese. :)
6) Since I skipped the onion, this recipe only took about 30 minutes total to make.
This recipe was so simple and so delicious. Plus, it is gluten free and contains minimal cheese which kept my tummy happy. I will definitely be making it again. In the future, I’m going to make less and have it as a side with some protein. I hope you try it, and if you do let me know what you think!