5 ingredient Creamy Chicken and Rice with Mushrooms (Gluten and Dairy Free)
This 5 ingredient Creamy Chicken and Rice with Mushrooms came together in under 30 minutes. It’s gluten and dairy free, filling, and really, really tasty. It’s a healthy yet comforting meal that goes perfectly with a crisp fall weeknight and a glass of red wine 😉
Ingredients, Serves 2:
1 large chicken breast or two small chicken breasts
2 cups brown rice, cooked
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 T coconut cream
2 T ghee
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425. Pound chicken breast/s for even thickness throughout, season with salt and pepper, and place on greased baking dish. Spray the top of the chicken with a little more evoo spray.
2. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through and broiling an additional 3-5 minutes until top is crispy.
3. While chicken bakes, cook rice according to the directions. When boiling my rice, I swapped water for chicken broth to give the rice more flavor.
4. When the rice has about 5 minutes left to cook, start sautéing the mushrooms in a pan on medium heat with the ghee. When rice is done, add it to the mushroom pan with the coconut cream and s&p and stir to combine.
5. Top the rice and mushroom mixture with the chicken, and you’re done!
I loved keeping this meal simple with ingredients I had on hand, but there are a ton of ways you can get creative with it. I’m thinking onions, garlic, and broccoli would all be great additions.