Paleo Blueberry Banana Bread
I love when I find food bloggers who captivate me with every single post. @paleorunningmomma is one of those people. She just gets me. When I saw this Paleo Blueberry Banana Bread of hers, I went straight to the kitchen and started bakin’. Soon, the room was filled with an aroma so sweet that my husband snuck out of his office and into the kitchen to ask me, “What smells so good?”
My morning routine has been a slice of this “bread” with a cup of coffee before my run. It gives me the energy I need to have a good workout without weighing me down. Please, please try it!
* 2 small overripe bananas
* 3 large eggs
* 1/4 cup full fat coconut Milk canned, blended prior to adding to the batter
* 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
* 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp organic coconut flour
* 3 tbsp tapioca flour
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/8 tsp fine grain sea salt
* 2/3-3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8 x 4"* loaf pan w/ parchment paper or use nonstick spray.
2. Mash bananas well & whisk with the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup.
3. In another bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca, baking soda and powder, & salt.
4. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined.
5. Fold in the blueberries. Transfer mixture into loaf pan & spread out evenly.
6. Bake in oven for 55-60 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes until transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Wait about an hour before slicing.