Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
I went a little wild with fried, cheesy food last Friday and Saturday and on Sunday I decided I needed a clean slate. So each day this week I’m taking a good, hard look at what I’m putting into my body and how it makes me feel.
I love making these Cauliflower Buffalo Bites for dinner, even though they’re really best as an appetizer for a large group. They’re fun, spicy, and make the transition from fried chicken wings to healthy eating a little bit easier.
Ingredients (serves about 4-6 people as an appetizer):
- Small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1-2 eggs
- Hot sauce (I used Frank’s) to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Scramble egg in one bowl and pour almond flour in another.
- Pour cauliflower (several at a time) into the egg, and then coat each floret individually with almond flour, removing any excess flour, and place on greased baking sheet.
- Continue this process until all florets are coated. (Add more egg/almond flour if needed.)
- Cook 20 minutes (or until desired level of crispiness), flipping halfway through.
- Drizzle hot sauce over florets and serve with ranch (I used Tessemae’s), celery, carrots, or any veggie of your choice.
These are so good, and perfect for a game day gathering (football starts soon, right?) They’ve always been a hit when I’ve made them for friends and family. When I’m feeling lazy, I skip the almond flour/egg part and simply season them with salt and pepper, and they’re still very tasty even then!