I think if you ask anyone who is dedicated to a healthy eating lifestyle, they would say half of their success comes from preparation. On Sunday, I like to shop, plan, and prep my meals for the week, so Monday through Friday, I don’t even have to think about it.
These delicious macaroons are one of the things I can make on Sunday and store in the fridge for the rest of the week and take out whenever I need them. They make a perfect snack, side to lunch, or even “dessert.” I usually eat 1-2 per day.
The recipe comes from Karena and Katrina from @toneitup and ever since I discovered it I have been hooked!
Ingredients (makes seven cookies)
- 1 banana
- ½ egg
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash banana, egg, unsweetened coconut flakes, and vanilla protein powder together
- Form the mixture into seven macaroons. Place each macaroon on a baking sheet sprayed with your preferred cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven
*If you think seven cookies won’t last you the whole week, then double the recipe to make fourteen.
What’s one of your favorite recipes to make on Meal Prep Sunday?